My husband has been lovely through everything. We don't have the fabulous life that I once imagined, with costumes and dance parties and swimming everyday. We spend almost all of our time together either running errands, exercising, bathing or cleaning. I have dreams that someday I will do all of those things on my own, so that we can maximize our time together with the costumes etc. I have dreams that someday Quincey will keep all her food down and will keep sleeping when I put her down, so I can write hilarious blog posts with pictures of how much fun we always have together. For where we are at, Tristan has been extremely patient and helpful. He works on less sleep and runs errands without complaining. I know he does it out of love for our family alone, because before Quincey was born he was very verbal about needing eight hours of sleep and about how much he hates grocery shopping. Although our life isn't movie material, I am truly happy. I feel so blessed to have Tristan and Quincey in my life and despite the trashed state of my body I honestly am so excited and anxious to add another needy member to my little family.
-her hairy back and shoulders (sadly the hair is starting to go away already)
-her funny faces she makes
-her hands--she often either has them fully extended or in little fists
-watching her wake up
-she enjoys kicking around in the water during her daily bath (since she already manages to become unbearably stinky everyday)
-she loves Tristan so much--way more than me
-she sticks out her bottom lip when she's sad
-the animal sounds and little coos she makes
-she loves music and the light that comes through the blinds in the morning
-she looks like Bubs from homestar runner when she wears footy pants
-how much his sub-conscious adores me--he starfishes me and compliments me in his sleep
-he is so selfless without being a doormat and always puts our family first
-his superior handsomeness
-his sense of humor--getting me to laugh things off when I'm upset
-that he makes me talk through things when I'm sulking
-he truly appreciates every little sacrifice I make
-he has the best stories for all of his scars
-his family has been so good to me and make me feel loved as a sister/aunt/daughter
-he always puts God first and helps me to do the same
-he offers the best support and advice
-he made a nest in our living room for when we watched General Conference
I love this post. You're SO right. It's not always picture-perfect and glamorous. Sometimes exhaustion and tears set in, but you know what? That's when we learn to overcome our weaknesses and pick ourselves back up with the help of our amazing husbands! :) Love you and SO glad you are well. Quincey is so freaking adorable. She looks a LOT like you, Kimberly!
ReplyDeleteQuestion.... was that supposed to be 'instead of thinking "that's what she gets for sleeping around like I used to"' or 'instead of thinking "that's what she gets for sleeping around" like I used to'?
ReplyDelete