Thursday, March 7, 2013

Aha Moment

This post is a little random, but these are the things that have been on my mind.

"It is comforting to know that no one is required to walk life's paths alone.  Each of us should find great satisfaction and strength in knowing that we do not need to face our challenges, undertake our assignments, or resist temptations through our own unaided efforts.  No scriptural invitation is given more frequently than the divine encouragement to ask, to seek, to knock.  God has made himself available to all his children."  -Robert L. Millet

This thought was nothing new, but it was an important reminder for me.  I need to make sure to include God in my efforts to be a good mother.  It's pretty obvious that my own will-power is not enough.

Motherhood has given me a new perspective that makes it easier to see which things are inappropriate in my life.  I've realized recently that I watch movies and listen to music that do not uplift or promote a healthy body image.  The media is totally polluted these days.  Please share any tips or advice on this one!

I can't control the world, but I can control my home and my choices.  I want to tell my daughter everyday that she's beautiful--she is.  I never want to tell her that she could lose a few pounds or that she should change her appearance in anyway.  I want to teach her how to recognize beauty in the ways that we're all different (real ways).

People talk to me about depriving myself.  I worry about how Quincey will process my food choices.  I really want her to see it for what it is--I love my body.  I'm grateful for the gift from Heavenly Father and I want to take care of it.  I don't feel like I'm depriving myself.  "Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven."  It is 100% worth it to me to eat healthy.  Healthy food is delicious, once you get over the fact that it's not saturated with sugar and salt.  Plus I feel a thousand times better.

And today's photo treat is a picture I found of Tristan from his parents' house.  I think he looks like Sponge Bob.  Sorry the quality isn't better.


No comments:

Post a Comment