Saturday, August 4, 2012

Palm Springs

Since I don't know how to do this correctly, I will  explain everything in captions.  Tristan took a long weekend and we went to Palm Springs for an early first anniversary.  Some of these pictures are from when we went to the Palm Springs Art Museum, which was actually a pretty decent museum!  That said, I have no idea what this one was supposed to be.

I was thrilled when I realized this one was see-through.  "Take a picture!"

This was one of my favorites.  I'm totally biased because my favorite color is green.  I liked any art that was green.

Hiya, Mickey!

The giant Marilyn Monroe that everyone had to take a picture of.  Tristan didn't understand the appeal.  He thought it was stupid, but I took a picture anyway.

The most people we saw in one place the whole time we were there--except at the after-dark street fair.

Even the back of his head is so handsome!  He liked this sign.  He thought this was actually something worth photographing.

Back at the museum, since I also don't know how to put pictures in order...

We thought it would be more fitting to pretend that I was wearing the dress, but I wasn't tall enough.

Something for the nursery when we're rich enough to upgrade to a two-bedroom apartment.

I think this makes him look like he is stuck in a frozen ice something and has a beard.

One of Tristan's favorites.  It was in the glass section from the Seattle Glass Museum--a very nostalgic part of the tour, except that Tristan doesn't remember the time that we walked around outside the glass museum.

A drift-wood horse that was actually made of bronze.  Don't judge Tristan for making that face--we were still learning how to properly take a picture with the iPod Touch (since I lost his camera...).

And this was the time I got in trouble for touching the art...

Ruby's Diner for breakfast--where Tristan had eggs benedict for the first time.  We also had french toast that was made out of slices of giant cinnamon roll--so tasty.

Our hotel--thanks Groupon!

Driving back through a thousand miles of desert and wind-energy things (water they called again?).  Apparently this place is in the middle of nowhere.  BUT it is a middle of nowhere with a Cafe Rio on the way--definite bonus.

He wanted to hike the death mountains that surrounded us.  I only hike things with trees and the such, but I told him I would support him hiking it with someone else.

This last piece of random museum picture was called "mother nature" and it was partially green.

We enjoyed our stay in "Radiator Springs" as we called it.  (It was also deserted and had a kind of retro theme.)  We got to watch a Turkish movie at the museum called "Toll Booth," which I would recommend to no one.  We enjoyed walking through the street fair and going night swimming.  We even got to watch some of the Olympics--mainly water polo, when I got to explain why they blow the whistle every three seconds, and handball which is basically the same thing on land and consequently a lot less exciting.  Since it was incredibly hot during the day we just swam or wished we were swimming.  I think Palm Springs is mostly a retirement community and a tourist spot for people who go to Joshua Tree National Park.  If any of the two people who read this ever go, make sure you go to the museum and also to Woody's.  It's probably the best burger place I've ever been to.  We got Indian food too, but it must have been real authentic or something because it wasn't like any Indian food I've ever had before.  Both dinners we were the only non-employees in the restaurant.  We had a great time on our little getaway.  It was the perfect trip for two love birds with a bum knee and a big belly.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you two had a great time together! What I love about your relationship (one of a million things) is that you two can be doing something lame- like watching a movie called Toll Booth- and still have a good time. I love you and miss you terribly!

    ReplyDelete